Mr. Ermel has over 12 years experience in design, construction and program management in roles of increasing responsibility within the private and non-profit sectors, more specifically on commercial and residential development projects, public utility and facility construction projects.
A partial listing of his project experience follows:
- New Orleans Regional Transit Authority, New Orleans, LA: Project Manager for the RTA’s 60% Streetcar Expansion Project along Loyola Avenue between the Union Passenger Terminal and Canal Street. Responsibilities included coordination with public and private utility agencies to identify conflicts along the proposed route and proposing solutions to relocate utilities based on subsurface utility engineering data collected. Also responsible for the preliminary civil engineering including utility conflict and relocation plans, signage and striping, and demolition plans and coordinating the efforts of sub-consultants, including surveyors, traffic data collection staff and geotechnical engineers.
- City of New Orleans Recovery Program, New Orleans, LA: Project Manager managing a portfolio of disaster-related projects involving repair and construction of several facilities. Managed A/E contracts from Preliminary Design through Construction and ensuring project repairs and funding were coordinated with FEMA/GOHSEP.
- Las Vegas Convention Center Enhancement Program, Las Vegas, NV: Project Manager responsible for coordinating with the Master Architect developing detailed design and construction documents for the $890M Las Vegas Convention Center Enhancement Program (LVCVA). Specific roles within the project include:
- Construction Manager on the $16M design -build Sheriff Substation project
- Designed sanitary sewer, storm drainage and water distribution systems for the $10M utility relocation project
- Project Manager for the design and construction of a major $3M electrical and gas transmission project for Nevada Energy and Southwest Gas Corporation
- Town of Minturn, CO: Engineer for the Town of Minturn responsible for reviewing, planning and engineering documents related to the annexation of a 4,300 -acre golf and ski resort.
Civil Engineer/ Project Executive
MBA, Colorado State University, 2011
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Texas A & M University, 1998
Professional Engineer—Louisiana No. 35626
Professional Engineer—Colorado No. 37697